Tuesday, June 24, 2008

4th Anniversary


Today is our 4th Anniversary. I can't believe it's only been four years. Well I guess we've officially "been together" about 5 1/2 years, but it seems like longer (in a good way). Don't mind me while I gush for a minute about my husband. We comment all the time how we didn't know we could be this happy. Despite all the things that come up in our lives we manage to look at each other and be grateful that we can at least go through it together. My husband is the best husband I could have. He is always happy, singing a little tune. When we met he still lived in North Carolina so we had a long distance relationship for four months. He would send me letters in the mail regularly and I would get flowers delivered at work. My phone bill was horrendous! I will not even reveal the amounts! He finally decided that he better just do it and here he came, moving to Utah. Not long after he moved here, just a couple months, he had the accident that changed his life. Now afflicted with constant pain, he is still the most cheery person I know. I don't even want to think about what I would be like in his shoes. He purposed the next January and we were married June 24, 2004 in the Mt Timpanogos Temple.
Here are my lovely anniversary flowers, livening up my 'work space', from Brad after our romantic lunch at Cafe Rio (we just couldn't help ourselves).


Ten Things I Love About You:
1. you propose to me everyday, and i still say yes
2. all the names you give me in your southern drawl (which has faded, but is still there) like sugarbaby, babygirl . . .
3. you give me a back scratch, foot rub, or massage every night. or sometimes even all of them, whatever I want. that's right people, every night!
4. you cater to me all day and refuse to let me get up to get my own drink of water and even turn the thermostat up for me so i don't freeze. you always do the laundry and vacuum. i suspect several wives are jealous on all accounts.
5. your laugh, it's contagious
6. you get me, all the time
7. you sample all my baking experiments and say that they are the best thing you've tasted - you skip around the house when i make banana cream pie
8. all the songs you make up and sing, sometimes constantly
9. your love of coin change and risking being ran over to pick up the dime you dropped in the street
10. you are so friendly to everyone and make me come out of my shell. your incessant reminders that i am way too hot for you. and if i ever figure it out you'll be in trouble.

Here's a little picture summary of our big day


5 comments:

Dawn said...

Lovely couple. Congrats and here's to many more!!

Amy Baker said...

Yea, I'm so glad you have a blog and that you've gotten on our blog. I miss you! I thought about you on your anniversary yesterday. Happy Anniversary! You guys are a great couple. We are glad to be friends with you. I've been walking each night on the treadmill...not as fun as walking with you. We loved your SF pictures. We were so jealous looking at the great places you went. Fun, fun! Arkansas is so beautiful. We're having fun, but miss home a lot! I'll check back in with you soon.

Love,Amy

Christie said...

Natalie... so cute. I am so glad you have a blog now... one more thing to distract me at work! Congrats on 4 years!

nutmeg said...

I love those wedding pictures!!! You guys are a gorgeous couple!

the coltons said...

natalie - your dress is gorgeous! i love the back. funny how we got married the same week, had similar colors for the wedding (looks like it anyway) and had a sparkler filled run leaving our receptions :)