Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Behold the Peonies


Every year in early June I get this little thrill. I realize that it's almost time for my favorite flower to make it's appearance for the year. I noticed the peony a few years ago and have been rather taken with them ever since. Of course, I cannot seem to grow them myself. They are supposed to be one of the easiest flowers to grow, and grow quite well in our region, but not for me. The fact that I do not have their blooms in my own yard makes the thrill of having some in my house even greater. Brad found this bunch for me, and they've been blooming on my table for over a week. This is most likely the only post you'll ever read from me relating to botany, but I just have to mention these beauties.

1 comment:

magicbeanbuyer said...

I never realized peonies were so pretty!