Friday, April 8, 2011

Two Bean Vegetarian Chili

Well, I've lost a week of my life to painting, but it was worth it.  I promise I'll show some photos soon.  In the meantime though, I've tried out a few new recipes for dinner.  I've tried to make something new once a week, something healthy that makes my body feel good and usually something meat-free.  So I'll just share the ones that I really like here in case anyone else is looking for new dinners like me :)

Two Bean Vegetarian Chili, my friends, is the bomb.  This coming from one who it not totally nuts about chili.  I mean, it's okay and all, but not really my favorite.  Anyway, this one is made with butternut squash, lime and cilantro, so it's def. not your traditional chili.  Check it out.  Here's the recipe.




And Paige?  She just wants to see a lovely plate of black beans presented to her high chair at dinner, and she's happy as can be.  Seriously.  The girl loves her some black beans.



I'll share more of my experiments only if Brad and I both LOVE it and want to make it over and over again.  Happy cooking!


2 comments:

Andrea said...

I'm always up for any new vegetarian dishes. I'm also always looking for something new for dinner. If I think of anything I make regularly i'll send it your way. I actually have a recipe calld black bean skillet that is pretty good. i'll email it to you.

Team O'Connor said...

I wish I could make food. I mainly just procure it from someone else's hard work. I only bake and pretty much only recipes I'm familiar with. That looks delicious. Maybe when you open a restaurant I will eat there and post it on my blog :)