Sunday, November 23, 2008

Coldplay Concert

Well, I am fresh off the concert high. Meaning my ears are ringing and my throat hurts, and it is wonderful. Brad and I ventured up to SLC to see Coldplay tonight. They are one of those bands that I've always wanted to see, since I like them, and I've heard that they put on a great show. Oh, and I love concerts. We even managed to get a few shaky pictures.
Us in our new seats.

When we got there, we started walking up to our seats. And we kept climbing, and climbing, and climbing till we were three rows from the top. That's what I get for not splurging I guess. But I figured we'd just settle in, and I was glad that for once in my life I actually remembered to bring binoculars. But do you know my husband? Before we'd been in our seats five minutes, he was back down talking to an usher, and all of a sudden he was flagging me down and we were led to new seats. The handicap seats. So really, really good seats (compared to where we were). We got to sit on our own little platform with the cushy kind of folding chairs, and railing to rest our feet on. It was sublime.

Concert highlights for any of you interested:
-First of all there was the piano. I've never met a piano at a concert I didn't like.
-There was a little stage set up on the floor near the back that they played on for awhile.
-He was seriously funny.
-At one point they all walked off the stage, only to reappear in walking up the stairs in the audience and coming to a little stand in the middle of a bunch of seats. There they had some guitars and a harmonica waiting, and they played there in the audience for a couple songs. See the pictures below.

Hooray for music!!!

3 comments:

Andrea said...

I am so jealous i can't even comment. I wish so bad that I would have gotten to go. Just to help my self out, willie nelson was in concert in jonesboro on friday night(no I did not go).

Marcistar said...

How fun!!! What a fun fun date. I love concerts too! And coldplay is awesome! So jealous!

Amy Baker said...

Looks like your concert was fun. I just love going to concerts to see performers I love. It's such a rush! I hope you guys have a wonderful Thanksgiving.