Brad recently spent quite a bit of time in a VERY small town in Missouri, and every time we would talk on the phone he would tell me how crazy it was out there in the middle of nowhere. Here's some of what he told me.
You know you're in the sticks when. . . .
-the only place to stay is one of those strip motels with about six rooms total. The front office was also the owner's living room. Once inside you find a awful musty smell, green shag carpet, and the window won't close.
-the whole town has a 'boil order' meaning that you cannot use any water out of the tap before boiling it first. Brad had to go to the gas station and buy water bottles just so he could brush his teeth.
-you are looking to buy a good, hot meal, you have to drive to the next town over. . . which is an Amish community.
-you call the front desk at the motel for an iron, you receive an audible sigh and, "don't you have another shirt you can wear?"
-the main drag has the courthouse, the gas station, the hardware store, farm clothing store, three vacant buildings, and (the highlight) a laundry mat/hair salon/car wash. Oh, and three more vacant buildings.
-there are more dirt roads then paved ones.
-you're lucky if the mail comes twice a week.
-there are two banks in the whole community, Farmer's First Bank & Farmer's Second Bank.
-Google Maps doesn't even have any idea where you are!
-the only school in town (kindergarten to 12th grade) has more four wheelers in the parking lot that actual cars.
-the road had three lanes: the Horse & Buggy lane, the Four Wheeler and Go Cart lane, and the regular ol' automobile lane.
-to show how great the pond on your property is, you line the fence with rotting catfish heads that have been caught from said pond. Brad actually recorded this for all to see. Take a look if you don't mind his enthusiasm for giant fish. I really don't know what else I can say to warn you. It's pretty funny actually.
6 comments:
I love how excited Brad is for catfish heads. It made me laugh. I hope you had a really fun bday. I hope that we get to go get on walks again someday and we'll have to go find some tasty doughnuts too.
nasty little things just hanging there aren't they. How funny. I'm glad that you have your Brad back. Happy Birthday.
Have fun in San Diego.
That is SO funny how excited Brad is!!! I love that video!
oh my, that was hilarious. i can almost relate with most of those items just from growing up in small town utah. very similar :)
Brad cracks me up! You can't fake that excitement!
I just played this video for Sarah. She busted a gut! Brad is so funny.
Post a Comment