Monday, September 27, 2010

San Diego, In Pictures

We had the best time on our summer trip to San Diego.  Brad's family rented a beach house for the week, right on Mission Beach (we could see the ocean from the porch) and then we went and stayed with my aunt for a few more days.  I loved it!  I am still missing that boardwalk and ocean breeze.  Really.  I'm sort of in mourning that I can't put Paige in the stroller and head out to the beach.  It must be in my blood or something:)  What to do?  I know....we'll just plan another trip!  Of course.
Paige lived in her stroller.  Sometimes I swear I'd her a sigh of relief when I'd strap her in, like she had been waiting for it.

This old hotel is in Old Town and can you believe my Grandma actually lived here as a kid?  I guess for a short time her parents ran a boarding house of sorts here.  I told you this place was in my blood.  It's newly restored and you can stay a night here now. 

And here is Miss Paige, in her designated beach spot under the umbrella, spoon in hand.  She loved to sit and chew on her spoon.  What else could a girl want?

My girl.

My guy.

The San Diego Zoo.  I've always been excited to take my kids to all the places I fell in love with as a child.  This is one of those places.  

Somewhere deep in my little girl heart I still get a thrill when we drive over this bridge and catch a view of the city and bay below.  I thought it was so cool when I was a kid, and still do.


My boardwalk.  

Paige practiced her sitting skills (which she has now mastered) on my aunt's lawn.

There's that ocean again (sigh).  That's it.  I am booking my flights.

4 comments:

Jessica Kunz said...

Now I want to go so bad! You took some really great pictures! When you go next take me with you ha ha!

Ben and Shara said...

Oh wow, love those pictures. You feel about San Diego the same way that I feel about Tahoe. So many of my good memories are there!!

the coltons said...

oh natalie, your summer san diego trip posts always seem to take me right along with you :) seriously, i feel the exact same way about all of it. i miss it so much sometimes. and i completely hear you about places like the zoo, mission beach, the other parks, places that i grew up on too. let's get together sometime - how is this week for you?

www.mostblessedman.blogspot.com said...

I miss Cali, but I am happy to say I am now a Utahrd. I always enjoy going back, but I like leaving a little more. I do miss the ocean though.