
Don't ask me what day of the week it is, because most likely I will have no idea. And don't be alarmed if I use the completely wrong word in a sentence, because I seem to have forgotten half of my vocabulary. I was warned about the sleep deprivation, but I don't think one can really prepare for such a thing. Especially people like me who already have sleep issues. I really am having a tough time with this whole "sleep when the baby sleeps" thing. I must admit that I sort of feel like failure because I don't know how I would make it through the day without my mom coming over in the morning so I can catch a couple extra hours of sleep. My eyeballs haven't seen anything earlier than 10:30am in a long time. And it's not like she's two weeks old anymore. . . she's six weeks tomorrow, and I'm still totally dependent on people helping me get through the day. Oh well. I keep telling myself that one of these days I will be able to do it all on my own. One of these days I will be able to get up in the morning with my baby and make it through the day without feeling like death. One of these days I will get into some sort of routine and feel like a human again, feel like me again.
On the flip side, that face of hers isn't any less cute at 3am:) Sometimes I have to force myself to lay her back down and stop staring at her sweet little face. I guess it's just a roller coaster right? This whole motherhood thing.
7 comments:
She does have a cute little face. You'll get into a routine soon enough and she is ONLY six weeks old. its awesome your mom comes over and helps you out. enjoy that while it last, plus your mom probably loves spending the time with her grandbaby.
hang in there - one day (hopefully sooner than later) she will let you sleep for like 6 hours or more. it will be heaven. and then before you know it, this will all be a very distant memory. i'm reading this and kind of freaking out a little because kate and i have a great routine of waking up around 9:30 every morning after like 10 hours of sleep. a new baby will definitely interrupt this great schedule! you'll be a pro and reminding me of my own words in a few months :)
She is so darling! Ya, i know how you feel girl. Im pretty sleep deprived myself. I know how you feel when you say you could just stare at her, thats all I do too. Congrats again on your beauty!
Don't feel like a failure. Every new mom feels way too tired to function. Eventually they get into a routine and you will do it all alone and it will be so fun. She's darling.
so cute. I love staring at her too.
So just a heads up, you asked for the triple chocolate chip recipe and my sister in law just blogged it a few days ago. Go to my blog, click on Jeromy and Carrie (under family) and scroll down until you see the recipe. it is one of two blogs down. She omits the coffee. They taste great that way too.
She is so beautiful Natalie! I bet the sleep dep sucks. I seriously don't how know moms do it. I'm glad you're both surviving and that's awesome that your mom is nearby to help. I would help if I could! Take it easy and I hope you get some sleep :)
It's great that you have family so close that can help you out. I hope you can get a little sleep soon
Post a Comment