Monday, March 30, 2009

It's Physically Impssible pt. 2

Just a couple more spots that Brad and I visited during our recent trip, spots that I highly recommend if you are going there yourself. It's physically impossible for us to visit San Diego without seeing the ocean. Here is La Jolla Shores, the beach of my childhood. And even before. Let me explain. My mom was such a beach lover, being pregnant with her first didn't stop her. She says she would dig a hole in the sand to put her pregnant belly in so she could still catch some rays. And being lucky enough to have that beach loving mother, I have had my fill childhood beach activities of sand castles, boogie boards, jump roping with the seaweed, shell collecting, life guard watching, nasty beach bathroom attending. And all, well most, at this beach. I love it.

It is also physically impossible for me to be in San Diego without going to Balboa Park. I have been in love with this place for as long as I can remember. It's like this old world escape in the middle of the city set up on the hill so you get little glimpses of the ocean, and it's so quiet and peaceful. Also home of the San Diego Zoo, countless museums, and where I got to take art lessons as a kid. Isn't it beautiful? Next time you go to San Diego, you just have to go.

5 comments:

Andrea said...

you make me want to go there so bad. I love that you got to go to the beach before you were even born. Now wonder you love it.

the coltons said...

awww, i too have fond childhood memories of those 2 places. one of my most embarrassing moments happened at la jolla! i love it there. my best friend's grandma had one of those beachfront condos and i always thought i would end up there :) haha. we LOVE balboa too - my favorite is the space museum. field trips there were the BEST!!!

Nic said...

Oh I love San Diego! It looks so warm. Looks like you had an awesome trip!

Amy Baker said...

Fun trip and beautiful pictures. I want to go to San Diego now. I bet you wish you were still there today with this snow coming down outside. Don't you just love Utah in the spring? Hey, let's start walking again when it warms up.

Cherie said...

Oh, it looks gorgeous there. Especially since it isn't dressed in snow and freezing cold. And I admit, I'm a little envious of your childhood!