Sunday, August 3, 2008

Warm Zucchini Bread




I made some zucchini bread this afternoon and it turned out pretty yummy. Thought I'd share it with here in case anyone has some zucchini growing and would like a good bread recipe. Or like me, you just love hot fresh bread.

Zucchini Bread

3 C. Flour, sifted 1 C. Brown Sugar, packed
1 T. Cinnamon 1 C. Oil
1 t. Salt 1 T. Vanilla
1 t. Baking Soda 2 C. Zucchini, grated
1/4 t. Baking Powder 1/2 C. nuts, chopped (optional)
3 Eggs, beaten
1 C. Sugar

Preheat oven to 350. In medium bowl, sift together flour, cinnamon, salt, baking soda, and baking powder. Set aside. In large bowl, beat eggs, sugar, brown sugar, oil, and vanilla. Stir in sifted ingredients. Blend in grated zucchini and nuts. Pour into 2 greased and lightly floured loaf pans. Bake for 50-60 minutes.

1 comment:

Amy Baker said...

Natalie, we want all this food that you photograph when we get home, please. I too have my copy of Breaking Dawn and I'm slowly reading it. Steve keeps telling me to hurry and have it read by the time we get home so I can discuss it with my friends, you and Brad. I just love the Twilight series. Also, I like your Saturday trio of Cafe Rio, Walmart, and Costco. We have been with out Costco this whole summer and can't wait to get in there again. I have a feeling it will be one of our first stops. I'm excited to see you soon!