Sunday, October 16, 2011

Not Labor Day Anymore

My mom said to me today, "You know it's still Labor Day on your blog don't you?"  I know.  It's pretty pathetic.  Do I have a blog or don't I?  I'm well aware that we are barreling through a beautiful fall, on our way to winter, but for some reason I've stopped documenting it.  This picture got me thinking the other day about how I'll miss this summer.


I'm gonna miss seeing little Miss Paige running around in her swim suit in my parents backyard.  And then this reminded me of this picture:


Her chub is dwindling away!  It's awful.  Oh how I love those rolls.  So I guess with each passing season I'll lose a little bit of Baby Paige, which makes me shed a little tear, but Little Girl Paige is one of the funnest girls met and I'm so excited to see what new things she'll do each day.  What a weird and strange thing, missing all the baby things while at the same time anticipating all the new things.  I love her future already, since I'm in it.  And I daresay she has a long life of reaching for m&m's in front of her, if she's anything like her mother.



4 comments:

Andrea said...

She is so cute. Kendall turned 2 on Sat. and I keep thinking she is not a baby now, she is a kid. Its sad to see the baby days go, but the kid days are so fun too. Congrats on the new little one too. I'm so excited for you guys.

the coltons said...

oh my. those legs!!!!

i love baby paige, but i love little girl paige just as much. it is a bit bittersweet, but so exciting watching them learn everyday and grow bigger all the time.

can't wait to get together again!

Lisa & Joel said...

Cute chub!! :) Love the post. Oh, I will always be reaching for more M&Ms with the two of you!

Ben and Shara said...

those are some cute legs!