What in the world are these, you are wondering? These paper-mache balloons? Well, Brad's lovely sister Mindy is pregnant with triplets. Yes, three sweet little girls are currently on the way. Can you even imagine that? Because I can't. Anyway, when I threw her a baby shower a couple weeks ago I knew I wanted to try to make it special. Emphasis on try.
I am kicking myself so hard right now that I didn't get better pictures. I was just running around like a mad woman trying to get everything arranged just so and these are the best that I got. It really was quite charming though. I didn't get a shot of the food, which was delicious. We had brunch, and we ate and ate and ate and ate. Delicious I tell you! Belgian waffles, but not your usual belgian waffles. These were made with a yeast dough that rose overnight and cooked in an extra hot machine. We served them with several different homemade syrups. Orange, Cinnamon, and Buttermilk. Mmmmm. We also had quiche, yogurt parfaits with granola I made myself (new skill I've aquired) and fresh fruit. In lieu of cake, we had these.
I just love a baby shower. Any reason to celebrate with a mama-to-be and buy baby clothes is a good time to me!






6 comments:
WOW!!! You are amazing!
Why haven't you started a party planning business? Your parties are always amazing! I mean, I couldn't even imagine that stuff. It's straight from a magazine. Great job!
How beautiful!!!! Wow, you are so talented! Love keeping up with you!
Wow that is amazing and wow i can't believe mindy is having triplets. I love the hot air baloons, they are so cute.
Wowzers. It turned out beautifully (of course).
The table scape is awesome. You rock.
i have been planning on doing the hot air balloons for beth's bday - were they easy or hard? be HONEST :) the whole party is adorable!!!
Post a Comment