Anyway...it was just really hard and Brad had to step in and comfort me constantly. He's pretty good at that.
So while I was down and out, I was watching Martha Stewart one day and she started talking about David Austin roses. I was so excited I actually sat upright for a few minutes (it was a small miracle) to listen. When Brad and I were engaged I stumbled upon these roses in a magazine and fell in love. I wanted them so bad for our wedding! But they were no where to be found. And now here they were! Some lovely english gentleman was explaining that they are now available as cut roses and can be ordered and sent straight to your door. Sigh. They are so beautiful.
Well Brad was watching this whole thing and a few days later we were on our way home from Costco and there was a curious looking package sitting on our porch. He went and ordered them, that lovely lovely man of mine. It was just the perk I needed.
When you first get them they don't look like much, just a pretty little rose. But then...
you catch a glimpse of the beauty of the inside.
Did I mention I'm crazy about that guy I married? Crazy, crazy.
Also, I'm sorry but this will not be the last flower post for peony season is on its way!




4 comments:
Those roses are to die for. I love them!
lucky girl. those roses are amamzing. I loved paige's bday pictures. she is so cute with frosting all over her face.
The roses are lovely!! You do have a pretty romantic spouse! He could teach lessons on romantic things to do for the women in the world.
so gorgeous!! i'm so sorry you're sick! i took kate over to grandma's today and was thinking of getting together :) call if you need some jcw's :) feel better soon!
Post a Comment