To start of the celebrating we went to JCW's with my family, a favorite place of Paige's. Here she knows she can eat fries, sample ice cream, and chew on as many plastic spoons as she can get her hands on.
After that, we headed over to our house for the cake and gifts. It was a joint party with my brother and sister, who have birthdays the same week as Paige. See the little pink cupcake? That was Paige's cake.
She opened gifts, but I must admit, I think it was a little funner for me than for her. She did get herself some Woody loot. The girl has a thing for him.
And finally, cake! She got stripped down for this part since lately she likes to smear her food all over herself and I wasn't sure how the pink frosting would fare on her white cardigan. She was mesmerized by the candle and she actually ate a good amount of her cupcake. And we managed to fit it all in before nap time.
She's the light of my life and I can't wait to be with her everyday. I can't believe I get to have her around and be her mom.






4 comments:
that is one sweet girl!
I'd love to read your thoughts again on that first week of her life. I'm surprised to feel something about that week of yours as well.
Thank goodness for happy endings.
cute birthday celebrations! i love that cupcake and i LOVE the super tall skinny candle. we stripped kate down to her diaper too so i'm glad to see someone else doing it :) i'm with sharalee - i'd LOVE to read your thoughts - please share if you're up to it!
So glad to see that you're back! I've missed reading your posts! And I would also love to read about your experiences during that sacred time.
My girl Paige knows what's up! JCW's?! She is the smartest baby alive. I had kind of forgotten about that place. Mainly because just knowing I couldn't have it forced me to push it out of my mind.
She is so cute! I love her being mesmerized by her candle :) Congratulations on her first year. You are an amazing mother!
Post a Comment