I have been absent for my blog for awhile now. I hope my blog isn't too mad at me (
sorry blog). I was thinking in order to get back in the habit of posting, I should post something I'm thankful for, it being Thanksgiving next week and all. And not just the home, health, county stuff, but the little things that actually make a small difference in my mostly mundane days. Truth is, I have been not completely myself lately. I think there is this thing called
guilt that comes with having your own offspring??? Maybe feeling like you do nothing right? That there's someone better for the job? Well, if there is then I am feeling it. I know it's not really rational, but it creeps in none the less. And there is NO SUN. This is a problem for me. Anyway... so maybe really to pull myself out of it a little, I'll post something on this blog of mine that I've been neglecting (
seriously, can I feel guilt over that too?) about a little something that makes my day better.
Okay, but now that I've typed it does that mean that I actually have to do it? Hmm. I guess we'll see.
That's my girl. So something that really makes things a little easier these days,
is something that is small. Literally.
Those little cereal puffs. She can eat them on her own and she LOVES them.
They get us through church and meetings and the grocery store and at home when she is bored and squawking at me (one of her favorite past times, squawking at her mother).
Yes. I am thankful that my 9 month old can feed herself cereal. That is what has become of me:)
6 comments:
oh natalie, you sound so blue! i feel you on the NO SUN part. my guilt comes because i feel like i don't do enough with my offspring. seriously, once kate got really independent, i have felt more and more guilt. everyday. i think it's probably normal - at least for a number of us moms. you do a great job and that little girl adores you! let's get together again - after thanksgiving? will you be around? text me!
Natalie, i love reading your blog, so I'm glad you're back!
I don't think this post was meant to be funny, but I found humor in it because I KNOW EXACTLY HOW YOU FEEL....and seriously, I think we all go through that feeling at some point, but I just love the fact that those little cereal puffs can make it a little bit better for you :)
You are one awesome momma....keep doing what you're doing, cause I know you're doing a wonderful job!
P.S. She looks JUST LIKE BRAD!!!!
Hey nat I totally get the guilt thing. I think its pretty normal as a mother to wonder if were doing enough and to want everything to be right. I like your new blog background. its cute and i'm glad your posting something. my blog makes me feel guilty too because sometimes i just don't want to post, but i know my family is reading it and wants to see the kids. hope you have a fun thanksgiving out there. wish i was coming out that way so i could see you and little paige.
Are you kidding? When they learn how to feed themselves puffs, it is the BEST! Somehow, such a small thing makes us feel like we got some of our freedom back. And those lips...it's the first thing I noticed about her when you posted pictures of her as a newborn. She has the most beautiful lips!
I've always thought parenting comes w/ a side order of guilt! I feel it all the time. I'm sure your doing great, and look how darling she is! Also any type of independence should be celebrated, way to go Paige :)
Um, once again, I love all of your pictures and am jealous of your talent. I think I've been living guilt-free for 2 years thanks to the self-entitled atmosphere in DC. I used to feel guilty for things too but that DC sass has rubbed off and now I'm the jerk driver who doesn't merge from the lane they know is ending, until the very last second, just so I can go over 30 mph for about 200 ft. Yeah, I don't feel bad for a second. You shouldn't either. I always told my friend Stefanie (when she was feeling this way) that my aunt did crack while she was pregnant. You are a great mom. She really did.
Post a Comment