Friday, January 8, 2010

Showered

About a month ago, Brad's sister Mindy threw me a family baby shower.  It was so cute!  I kept walking around, not really grasping that this was my baby shower, that I would actually be putting my little baby in all those cute clothes, that this is my baby's family. Anyway, Mindy made it so cute I just have to show you all pictures.  

Photobucket
Photobucket
This was the cake.  Isn't it beautiful!

Photobucket
Photobucket

Here's one of the tables.  It was a 'bedtime breakfast brunch' so the tables were decorated like little beds, complete with teddy bears and story books.  And see those little candy pacifiers?  Everywhere I looked there was just more cuteness.

Photobucket
Photobucket

Mmmmm.  The food.  And a very good brunch it was.  This is me with family.  Can you tell we are related?

Photobucket
Photobucket

Gifts!  And check out that diaper cake!  Opening baby gifts is decidedly a very good time.

Photobucket
And. . . .the baby bump.  This is me about a month ago, so at almost 32 weeks.  I was trying to wear the shirt that makes me look the most pregnant:)  I am bigger now though!  Sidenote: The Dr. checked me for the first time yesterday and she said I am already 1 1/2 cent. dilated and 75% effaced, and I still have a month to go!  I went in totally expecting her to tell me I was nothing and nothing.  Brad about fell out of the chair.

Anyway, thank you everyone for making that day so wonderful!  I still can't believe this little thing squirming and kicking inside me will be a part of the family.

9 comments:

Lindsey said...

I totally just got butterflies for you!! It truly is the most gratifying and special thing EVER EVER. I cant wait!

Andrea said...

I have a thousand thoughts. First of all way cute baby shower. mindy did an awesome job. I love the cake (of course) and the diaper cake is way cute. YOU are dang cute pregnant. I can't even tell there is baby there you're so small. You look awesome. I love that that was the shirt that made you look the most pregnant. You look great. so fun to have you're first baby. Enjoy everything about it because you only get your first one once. And I can't believe you're about to have her. I thought you had at least another month. I will have to get your gift sent to you ASAP! love ya girl. And I know you are very into decorating and painting so I want to see this little girl's room. I know it will be adorable.

the coltons said...

looks like so much fun! i can't believe you are a month away!!!! how crazy is that!?!?!?! i still remember the night you told us :)

i also want to see this little girl's room - and bedding!!!

Emily said...

You are the cutest prego lady...really you aren't suppose to look that cute!

Cherie said...

Oh my, you look amazing...I don't think it's quite fair! And I can't believe your progress, especially this early. You might get a pleasant surprise earlier than you thought :)

jenlivi said...

I think Brad said it best. You have carried this baby with grace and poise. The Livingstons are giddy with excitement for you. Can't wait to meet her!

Nic said...

You look great!! The cake is so cute I love it ;)

Ben and Shara said...

your baby bump is just that, barely a bump. You make pregnancy look good. You are looking so fabulous. You will have no trouble getting your pre-pregnancy body back! I'm so jealous.

Jamie Gardner said...

You are the cutest pregnant girl! COngrats!