Friday, September 4, 2009

Brad's Baby Pains

For those of you who know me, who have spent even one night out with Natalie and I, know that Brad Hoke has what one would call a rather large or loud mouth. You know that I say all kinds of things at times when things should probably not be said. I might make you laugh or, like Natalie, cringe from time to time, but the main point is there is never a quiet moment when I'm around.
So if you read Natalie's blog from yesterday saying that she was pregnant and that she has had a hard time not saying anything, just think of poor ol' Brad for a moment. I thought my head was going to blow. When we first found out on June 7th at 7:15 am( yes i know the exact moment ) we made a pact to not talk about it to anyone for a while. I would like to let you out there know that you did not make this easy on me. The next day my good friend Brian walks up to my wife and asked her what's new. AHHHHHH. It was almost over right then, the whole thing blown. The day after that my Dad tells me it is time to have a kid, A week later someone asked Natalie if she was pregnant.. I took my Dad to lunch and we talked about how Natalie and I were not going to try for a while. My wonderful Father in law on fathers day gave me the one over and asked when he could have a Grand Baby. He did not let up all afternoon. He has never said anything of the sort in the five years Natalie and I have been married, but now it is a full blitz. My poor head, how it hurt. I wanted the words to flow and be loud and excited. Funny enough we told them later that day so the pressure did ease a bit. After that we told more and more about our great news my head is almost back to normal size. Two to three months of living heaven and hell at the same time.
But as loud as I am and as much as I can say at times, I am left speechless of the beauty and the grace my Natalie has carried herself and this child for 18 weeks. She was put on this earth for two reasons, to take care of me and to be a mother. She is going to be a wonderful mother, one who has wanted a kid for years and deserves the happiness and love that befits her station as a women of god.
For that I am speechless. But for this I am not. I AM GOING TO BE A DAD. DO YOU HEAR THAT WORLD. ME, BRAD HOKE A DAD. AND WITH MY NATALIE.

5 comments:

the coltons said...

awww.

Andrea said...

aww that is the best post I've ever read. I think its so funny everyone kept saying stuff to you right after you found out. I don't know how you kept it in. I said to jason lets not tell anyone until we know if its a boy or a girl and then later that day he called me and said you better call and tell you parents because I already told mine. Way to go for keeping it quiet. I'm very excited for you guys and I can't wait to see your little one.

Cherie said...

Yes, you're going to be a dad...and what a great dad you'll be :)

jenlivi said...

I cried at this one. Great post.

Amy Baker said...

Congratulations you guys. I have been wondering if you were pregnant for a little while now. I'm so happy that you are! You guys will be wonderful parents. Natalie, I hope you are feeling well. You still look great! Good job keeping this a secret for so long.