Thursday, December 2, 2010

Little Legs



So Paige has been blowing out of every outfit lately.  I know.  Just what you wanted to read about today.  But really, I hope this passes quickly since the other day I had to strip her down in the bathroom of a restaurant only to realize that I didn't bring along an extra outfit, so she emerged from the bathroom with her top, hat, shoes, and diaper.  Lately, after the second pair of pants for the day, I just let her run around pant-less.  And that's not so bad, because then I get to look at her chubby legs.  I sit and watch as she pulls herself up on everything and maneuvers around on her tip-toes.  Not for long though, because pretty quickly I am overcome and have to tackle her and kiss her for a few minutes.

What's better than fat baby legs?  They're up there on my list of favorite things.  They always remind me of my little sister, who was quite, shall we say robust, as a baby.  Adorable.  And one day after my aunt hadn't seen her for a while she commented, "Oh wow, she's really thinning out.  The backs of her knees are skinnier."  I always look at the backs of babies knees now, and sure enough, there's usually something squishy.

Notice the tape on the drawers?  Yep.  We're pretty clever around here.

5 comments:

Andrea said...

oh i've had one of those blow outs at a resturant before (olive garden). such fun stuff. I love baby legs. My favorite outfit is a onsie.

Ben and Shara said...

I love the new look of your blog. How do you get your pictures so perfectly sized?

I'm loving that squishy-ness on those legs. It is something I'm rather familiar with . . . and I'm not taking about my girls. he he

the coltons said...

beth's a blow-outer too! (and a spit-upper too while we're at it) kate NEVER did that! i'm having to get used to carrying extra clothes. i love your story about chubby backs of knees - literally laughing out loud in front of my nephew :)

sharalee - too funny :)

Team O'Connor said...

LOL. I only wish leg fat was as cute on me...

Jessica Kunz said...

She is the most adorable little girl. Love the squishy baby legs!