Sunday, July 11, 2010

Little Birdies

There is a nest not too far from our front door that has been the home to four little birdies.  I've loved walking past and seeing their four little heads all in a row, sticking up just above the rim of the nest, waiting for mama bird to bring them some food.

The other day we walked outside and saw them out of their nest, perched up on the gutter.



So I got my camera (I am a nerd).



They're kinda cute right?  Just sitting there checking out the neighborhood.  Until...


hold the phone...


mama's got some food and she's headed straight for them.  I love how they can hardly contain their excitement.


And mama delivers.  I just love it.  Kind of reminds me of this...





I love my little birdie.

6 comments:

Heidi said...

That is so cute! Both the barn swallows and your little Paige. Adorable. :) (I would have gotten my camera out, too, by the way.)

Andrea said...

hahaha that is so cute. those pictures are awesome. I can't believe you got the mama feeding them.

Emily said...

great photos! and timing too!:)

the coltons said...

i love this :) you are so cute :)

and so is that little birdie :)

Chelsea said...

Those pictures are amazing!!

Amy Baker said...

Awesome pictures! What a cute little story you told. I also really love Paige's yellow striped swimsuit. Super cute!