Last year at this very same time, Brad and I were lying on a beach somewhere in Maui. We had our own little beach bungalow just a few feet from the water, and we'd just camp out there all day and read or sleep or go for a dip in the ocean. Every few hours some nice hotel employee would come over with fresh ice water and pineapple. We slept and ate and slept and ate some more. We were alone together and we were happy. It was paradise.
This time, this year, we are running in circles around Baby Paige. We hardly even have time to look at each other and carry any kind of conversation before one of us is up doing something for Paige. We are tired and covered in spit-up. We are never alone together.
Oh how things have changed.

8 comments:
It's crazy how kids take up all the time during the day...but I don't think I would change it for anything. Parenthood is looking good on you guys!
hahaha funny how one year can change so much. maybe next year you'll be siting on a beach somewhere wathcing paige play in the sand.
I'm loving the leg on that picture. Oh hawaii, something to look forward too next April right? You have so much family around you could always get way next April. Start planning now.
p.s. it does get better.
p.s.s. the last time Ben and I were in Hawaii, we were wishing that Rosie and Wiley were with us. Vacations just get better with kids, you keep thinking of all the little things your kids would enjoy if they were on the beach with you. The trick is to take a sitter with you so that you can still get out alone every once in a while. oh, hawaii, what a nice thought right about now.
I declare a date night! And I declare that I get to watch baby Paige while you go out! Plan it and call me!
MMMMM Love that beach picture!! We will be bringing 2 kids to Mexico in February. No, it will not be the same as pre-child life, but fun nonetheless. I also LOVE the pic of Brad and Paige on the couch, that is so priceless!
no, you're not alone anymore :) but everyone's right, it gets better all the time. and eventually, you can get out alone without wanting to rush back home to be with your sweet baby :) i remember the first time we went on a date we cut it so short :)
oh and kate was excited to see a picture of brad... she said "i jump, too!" she loves him. i'll call you soon.
Oh the joys of parenthood! I agree with everyone else. Its gets better and you will love having her on your next vacation!
Hahaha. Maui looked nice but Brad looks like he's sleeping so good with Paige! I'm sure she wears you out and then wakes you up right in the middle of your REM. I'm still hanging on to those alone years. Maybe for 3 or 4 more :)
Post a Comment