
Every year we make this little candied chex mix for Christmas. We only make it at Christmastime because it is dangerous for us to have around the house. At first glance, or even first few bites, it's just a regular chex party mix. But somewhere after the third bite or so, you realize that you just might be unable to stop. At least that's what happens at our house. My husband, who's not well versed in subtlety, refers to it as Christmas Crack, because he just can't stop. Not being much of a chex mix girl myself, I didn't think I would really enjoy it. That is until sometime after the third or fourth bite, at which point I became enlightened in it's addictive properties. Anyway, here's the recipe.
5 cups rice Chex cereal
5 cups corn Chex cereal (or HoneyNut Chex is awesome)
4 cups wheat Chex cereal
4 cups honey and oats granola (I use the Nature Valley brand)
3 cups Honey Teddy Grahams
4 1/2 cups pecans
3 sticks butter
1 1/3 cup light corn syrup
3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/3 cup honey
Preheat oven to 250. Combine first 6 ingredients in large roasting pan. Combine butter and remaining ingredients in a saucepan. Bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Pour mixture over combined cereals, tossing to coat. Bake for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Pour onto wax paper to cool, gently separating with a spoon. Store in airtight container.
Merry Christmas!
4 comments:
that looks really good. I love chex mix and it is addictive.
thanks natalie!! what a great surprise!
I'm pretty sure I remember you guys giving us this last year. It was soooo yummy!
Good stuff!
Post a Comment