Monday, August 31, 2009

Jam


Guess what I can do? Make freezer jam! This is very, very risky new development in my life as homemade freezer jam is the equivalent to soft liquid candy you can put directly on your food, and it's perfectly acceptable. I learned how to make the delicious stuff last week, and it is REALLY very easy. So look out neighbors. . . this might be a preview to your "Christmas Neighbor Treats." I personally like it with fresh whole wheat bread and some yummy almond butter. Mmmm. It is no longer, "Gosh, I need some jam with this toast." It has changed to, "Gosh, I need some TOAST with this JAM!" I may or may not have opened the fridge, dipped a spoon in, and licked it clean with no intention whatsoever of actually putting the jam on anything except directly into my mouth. But I'm not confessing to anything. If you like freezer jam, try it! It really is easy.

6 comments:

Andrea said...

yum. I love jam too. I eat way too much of it. Jason made some peach jam a few weeks and ago and said to me you haven't eaten my jam. I said honey you made that jam two days ago and the jar is half gone. I think i've ate some jam.

Cherie said...

MMMM...looks good. I know we live a whole 3 minutes away but you can feel free to send some jam our way! {Really I wouldn't complain.}

the coltons said...

are you a closet joey tribiani???

this post was fantastic :)

Andrea said...

too long! I'm having her on Oct.
15th.

Andrea said...

let me know how you like life of pi. i read it and i want to know what you think of it. also let me know if its worth my time to read my sister's keeper. i almost got that one from the library last week but went with the memory keeper's daughter instead.

Amy Baker said...

I am enjoying my freezer jam too. Maybe a little too much. That was fun to make it together the other night. Have you made more since? I don't know if I should make more of this stuff, cause I will probably just eat it all!