I know that it has been awhile since I've posted, and I'm sure my all of two readers care, but we've had a pretty busy week with some good news to share: we actually booked our trip to Hawaii, which is quite a feat for me, and we're in the throes of list making and practice packing(I'll explain that one some other time). We decided to go to Kauai for five nights and Maui for five nights, thanks to all the suggestions and recommendations from everyone. Ten days in Hawaii. I have never gone on a vacation that long and can't really believe we're going. And soon too. Only problem is this is a place where swimsuits come into play. I am not a swimsuit wearer, have never in my life understood the term 'swimsuit body', and really wish the fashion was to wear those little skirt things all the time. But I'll manage:) So let me know if anyone has any great ideas for us while we're there since we finally decided on a place.
I also had to say goodbye to my husband for quite a few days last week so he could go enjoy the Final Four and National Championship Game in Detroit. If any of you know my husband at all, you'll understand what this means. I shall say no more and have him post about it. But can I just say that I don't like it when he's gone??? Even if it is to fulfill a lifelong dream and the whole trip is paid for. I still don't like it, not one bit.
Anyway, to say the least I have been in kind of a crazy state for the last week, what with trip planning and husband missing.
Case in point: Two days ago I realized about mid-morning that I had come to work with my shirt inside out. I looked down and thought, "Hmm. . . there's an awful lot of threads sticking out of this shirt." And yesterday I went to work without my purse. This may be of little consequence for some of you, but my purse houses my cell phone, wallet, ipod, numerous snacks and weird random objects that for whatever reason I deem necessary to carry around with me at all times. I feel naked without my purse, basically. My recently returned husband thankfully brought it to me while I was at lunch(Rubio's), and I was grateful to be in the company of my chap stick once again. So we'll see if I actually get to Hawaii with my head still attached, but I'll have that husband with me, and a swimsuit(ug), so that's all I need.
5 comments:
I AM SO JEALOUS!!!!!!!!! You are going to have so much fun and you'll look hot in any swim suit you wear. At least I'm not there right now to tempt you with yummy chocolate doughnuts. I can't wait to hear all about it and see pictures.
I am so jealous you can just decide and go. Good for you for taking advantage of no children time. You will look back with wishing one day! Have tons of fun!!!
am i one of your 2? i doubt it (i'm sure there are plenty of us!)
did you go to the camp kickoff this morning? i remembered at 5:47pm tonight!!! i feel horrible. i'm sure it went off without a hitch, but i feel like a loser :)
have SOOO much fun in hawaii!!!!
Don't worry, the Livi's still faithfully read your blog faithfully too, I just haven't been in much of a commenting mood lately. I've been in a 'don't know what to say' mode. I'm so excited that you guys get to go on vacation. You deserve it. I hope you have the time of your lives.
Natalie, you have to wear a swimsuit! Everyone in Hawaii wears a swimsuit, and a bikini at that. When we were there we saw some women in bikinis that really should never have been! Just do it. Have a wonderful trip!
Post a Comment