Tuesday, January 6, 2009

First Project


Well, I have finished my first project on my new Brother sewing machine. The whole thing, start to finish (thanks to help from mom). I did buy a sewing machine this summer, but it was the cheapest Singer you can find. And it was horrible. I was questioning whether I actually did take all those sewing classes in school. Can you just imagine two semesters worth of pajama pants and scrunchies? Can you forget how to sew and jam the machine every other second? I was highly discouraged. So we took it back and I put the thought out of my mind for awhile. Well, more like I tried to put the thought out of my mind. So I was very happy to find myself the new owner of a sewing machine that works like a charm! Turns out, I don't ruin every sewing machine I touch. Don't look closely, it's my first project.

3 comments:

Nic said...

I like it!! I remember sewing classes, but all I can sew are mittens. You did a great job!

the coltons said...

natalie! i am so proud of you! it is adorable and you gave me a GREAT laugh talking about pajama pants and scrunchies :) i don't know how many times i tried those 2 specific items, but they were never very wearable :) yay for sewers! :)

Ben and Shara said...

the project looks awesome! I was wondering about your other sewing machine. I'm glad you found one that sews the right way. Did you do the stitching on your pillow? It turned out great!