Friday, October 10, 2008

Conference Goodness

I have finally finished grieving that Conference weekend is over and done with, and that I have to wait another six months to hole up with Brad all day and wear my pjs for extended periods while enjoying church from the couch. It was wonderful! I am in favor of making it a quaterly occurance. Here are a few of my favorite quotes. Some funny, some serious, some quotes of other quotes. Untill next year. . .

In our search to obtain relief from the stresses of life, may we earnestly seek ways to simplify our lives.
~L. Tom Perry


Hope has the power to fill our lives with happiness.Its absence—when this desire of our heart is delayed—can make “the heart sick.”
~Dieter F. Uchtdorf


As one writer expressed, “in the depth of winter, [we find] within [us] an invincible summer.”
~Dieter F. Uchtdorf

Come what may, and love it .
~Joseph B. Wirthlin

Learn to laugh.
~Joseph B. Wirthlin

(On Angels) Usually such beings are not seen. Sometimes they are. But seen or unseen they are always near.
~Jeffrey R. Holland

“You pile up enough tomorrows, and you’ll find you’ve collected a lot of empty yesterdays.”
~quoted by Pres Monsen.

Today the sun never sets on congregations of the Latter-day Saints.
~Boyd K. Packer

When I cook, I feel pretty heroic.
~Dieter F. Uchtdorf

Brigham Young said, “Progress, and improve upon and make beautiful everything around you. Cultivate the earth, and cultivate your minds. Build cities, adorn your habitations, make gardens, orchards, and vineyards, and render the earth so pleasant that when you look upon your labors you may do so with pleasure, and that angels may delight to come and visit your beautiful locations. In the mean time continually seek to adorn your minds with all the graces of the Spirit of Christ."
~quoted by Dieter F. Uchtdorf

the words of James Barrie, the author of Peter Pan: “Those who bring sunshine to the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves.”
~quoted by Deiter F. Uchtdorf

5 comments:

jenlivi said...

I agree, I wish General Conference would last longer. I love the quotes they were some of my favorites too. It seemed like almost every speaker knew exactly the things I have been thinking and needing.

I'm excited to have a new blog buddy!

Jen

Andrea said...

Thanks for posting that nat. I need a little pick me up today. love ya.

Andrea said...

I'm glad you do it too. Its nice to know I'm not the only one.

Brittany said...

Hi! Look who I found on the blogosphere! I love those conference quotes. (Now I know where to come to find them.)My email address is btilby@hotmail.com Will you send me an email and I'll invite you to my blog?

Ben and Shara said...

Good notes girl. I don't know how you keep track of so many quotes. You must write as fast as a stenographer.